Skip to Content

An official website of the United States Government | Here's how you know


Knowledge Base Article


Does a company’s change in business structure affect its Dun & Bradstreet (DUNS) Number and its Vendor Information Pages (VIP) profile?


Whether a business must change its DUNS number when it changes its business structure is determined by Dun and Bradstreet. If a company has an additional DUNS number and would like to change the DUNS number in its VIP profile, the company will need to create a NEW profile for the new DUNS number by reapplying for verification in accordance with 38 CFR § 74.11.


To report any business changes, the company will need to notify the Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE) of the change. Once submitted, CVE will complete a change request. To ensure the change request is completed in a timely fashion, it is important for the company to provide accurate and up-to-date documentation as it pertains to the business structure change.


CVE may require additional documentation to complete the processing of the change request. Please note all changes must be consistent with the eligibility requirement found in 38 CFR Part 74. Certain changes to ownership and business structure may result in the company being found ineligible.


To get more information about verification application resources, please visit Verification Assistance.


Visit for more information about CVE and the Verification Process.


The Center for Verification and Evaluation



8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (EST)

 Status Update:
Profile Questions:

Please note: Content on this Web page is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide legal advice or to be a comprehensive statement or analysis of application statures, regulations, and case law governing this topic. Rather, it's a plain language summary. If you are seeking claims assistance, your local VA regional office, a VA-recognized Veterans Service Organization, or a VA-accredited attorney or agent can help.